Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scrap the old in with the new

• Please log in to reply

silverblades

silverblades

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
ok thanks for the all the info. :)
I have another question, i was reading about windows VISTA (longhorn) and i saw that directX is going out the door and as its out next year, i was reading that even if i buy a 7800GTX it is not compatable with the new "version" of directX so is this true? or lies? :tazz:

edit: i think the site i was on got it wrong from what ive seen in the vista forum

Edited by silverblades, 18 August 2005 - 01:53 AM.

Advertisements

silverblades

silverblades

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
i dont like the way cross-fire works with the splitters on the back(more wires) but it MAY be the way to go technicaly it should be better due to the fact that its learnt from nvidia as on an ati site i saw it claims that their 2 850s beat 2 7800s, so when do cross-fire boards come out?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well they actually learned from themselves sli is a copy of the old ati dual card system ati have been working on the dual cards for much longer than nvidia has. The first saphire boards are just out.