Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help, please

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lolita101

lolita101

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm not very good with computers at all. I know someone sent me a file that had a spy program in it. One of my friends who is knowledgable with computers told me that I could locate the file that it stored itself in, I'm just not sure whre to locate it. Could you help me?

Thank you in advance.

-Stacey

Advertisements

Psych

Psych

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi Stacey, if you think you've got a problem I suggest you take a look at this forum:
http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

It gives you a guide to what you can try to resolve the problem yourself. If you think you've still got a problem after following these tips then you can log a post in the "Malware Removal - HiJackThis Logs Go Here" forum for help. They sorted me out!

One question I would ask though, is how do you know you got sent an infected file?

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
This thread is being closed as the poster is being helped on another thread.