Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

logs on, logs off again

• Please log in to reply

mariecs74

mariecs74

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HELP!

Kept getting a virtual memory low message. Did a search on google, was suggested it might be down to trojans etc.

Downloaded this remover.exe (http://www.majorgeek....exe_d4638.html) as I thought it said there was a trojan. It appeared to be attached to a start up dll file. I think the programme deleted the dll file along with the trojan. (I can't remember exactly what the message was or what file was deleted.

I also downloaded and ran PC Booster h(ttp://www.majorgeeks.com/PC_Booster_d4685.html)

PC Booster automatically shut down the pc and on reboot all I got was the wallpaper, then the message 'logging off' and back to the log-in screen. I've run a repair from the XP install disk but no joy.

I don't want to lose all the stuff in My Documents so I'm not keen on reinstalling.

:tazz:

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Try booting in Safe Mode and see if it does the same.

mariecs74

mariecs74

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Try booting in Safe Mode and see if it does the same.

View Post

Yep, does the same.

I've run a repair from the XP install disk but still no joy... :tazz: