Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Case

• Please log in to reply

DJLH

DJLH

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello All.....

My XFX 6800GT Is Overheating....and i think it's just because there's no airflow in the case...

I'm looking to get a new case, but not sure which one..

Any Ideas of some good makers of cases, with lots of fans to keep my machine nice and cold??

Lee Harding
UK

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Antec are good if you are on a budget but want a good case, for uk the best cases are on this website: http://www.overclock...ue_Cases_7.html

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can also just buy a couple cheap fans at the local supply shop and cut some holes in the side of your current case

DJLH

DJLH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thank You......That Site Is Very Good....Cause At The Moment, I've Had To Take The Side Off My Case, And Get A Fan Blowing Air Into The Case.....Games Are Nearly Impossible To Play...I Get About 5-10 Minutes Play Before The Game Freezes Up, GPU Temp Is Running At Nearly 110 Degrees...

Have The Latest Drivers Running.....Can't Think Why It's Overheating Apart From The Lack Of Air

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
110 celsius? or farenheit?

DJLH

DJLH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Celsuis....Very Hot!!!!

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
u can get coolers specifically designed to fit onto the graphics card i dont know if they still do them but

www.ebuyer.com

was always a good place to buy them thats where i preveously brought mine, but if you are after a new case then thermaltake are a nice choice (with quality, comes price) they are obtanable from, www.komplett.com, but before rushing into a new case buy a few fans for here and there memory spreaders are always handy and if ur gpu has a fan try alittle lubracant to allow the fan to spin easier.

DJLH

DJLH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I See on Ebuyer.com that my memory might be too hot, and making my GPU work harder...i have 2GB ram....could that be why my GPU is overheating??

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No, not really. http://www.overclock...ic_Cooling.html if that doesnt cool you down then nothing will.

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
agreed that is what u want for the job but heat spreaders for the memory is always a good choise aswell and they are sooo cheap.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, there are various camp about ram needing cooled but for the price of ram sinks you may as well they are just strips of copper clipped on to the ram and it hides the modules themselves making your pc look better.

DJLH

DJLH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
So..i just take off the old fan off my Graphics card and put that new one on???

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes you select the appropriate cooler than attach it as instructed. I am going to get one myself but i am putting it off as it can be a little nerve racking it is delicate work.

DJLH

DJLH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Mmm... i'm gonna get one, but it's just taking the old fan off and putting the new one on.....it's an expensive card...and have no backup card....abit worried about doing it myself