Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help...

• Please log in to reply

BVD

BVD

• Pip
  • 4 posts

...my sister downloaded msn plus 3. I un-installed because it's known to have adware etc. So after the un-install I still have this search bar under my address bar and can't get rid of it. Also in my favourites there are links which were added, and they can't be moved or don't even appear when you click on 'Organise Favourites'.

Posted Image

So I ran Spy Bot S&D and it came up with 50 files. 49 were deleted and 1 wasn't. It asked me to run after start up and it still never deleted that file. Here's the file in question...

Posted Image

:tazz:

Advertisements

BVD

BVD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I fear that this might mess my computer, can anyone help me.

BVD

BVD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Plus I'm getting loads of pop ups.

Scorpex

Scorpex

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Hi BVD – Welcome to Geeks To Go!

Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

One of the important steps in the guide shows you how to create a HijackThis log, which will assist us in determining the malware present on your system.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Scorpex