Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

which is the best graphics card

• Please log in to reply

nost

nost

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
geforce fx5200 128mb or
connect 3d ati radeon 9250 256mb thanks nost

Edited by nost, 15 August 2005 - 06:51 AM.

Advertisements

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
hi well i could say which is just abit better well i have Geforce fx5200 its a ok card here i gathered some info for ya the first 1 is the ATI RADEON:

ATI RADEON 9250 256MB Full Specification:

GeneralDevice TypeGraphics adapter
Enclosure TypePlug-in card
CompatibilityPC
Interface TypeAGP 8x

Expansion / ConnectivityInterfaces1 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) ¦ 1 x S-video output ¦ 1 x DVI-I - 29 pin combined DVI
Compatible Slots1 x AGP

Video OutputAnalog Video FormatRGB, S-Video
Max Monitors Supported2
Digital Video StandardDigital Visual Interface (DVI)
API SupportedDirectX 9.0, DirectX 8.1
TV InterfaceTV out

Processor / MemoryGraphics Processor / VendorATI RADEON 9250
RAMDAC Clock Speed240 MHz
Memory Clock Speed400 MHz
Video Memory Installed256 MB
TechnologyDDR SDRAM

Software / System RequirementsOS RequiredMicrosoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
Peripheral / Interface DevicesCD-ROM
System Requirements DetailsWindows 98/2000/ME/XP - RAM 64 MB

Filter-TextHeader / ManufacturerSapphire Technology
Video Output / TV InterfaceTV out

NVIDIA GEFORCE FX 5200 Specifications:

Vertices per Second: 63 Million
Fill Rate: 1.0 Billion AA Samples/Sec.
Memory Bandwidth: 6.4GB/Sec.
Core Speed: 250 MHz

CineFX Engine -New shading architecture that total supports the latest DirectX 9.0 pixel and vertex shader specifications 2.0+.
High-precision Graphic Engine - brings you the most intense cinematic visions by combining the dynamic range of state-of-the-art 3D motion pictures with the studio-quality precision of the 128-bit graphics pipeline.
Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) - Guarantees forward and backward compatibility with software drivers. Simplifies upgrading to a new NVIDIA product because all NVIDIA products work with the same driver software.
nView Technology -represents the pinnacle of Multi-Display functionality and performance through its advanced display pipeline.
Digital Vibrance Control (DVC) 3.0 -provides dynamic control of visual quality give users complete control of the overall color and clarity on your computer display.
AGP 8X support -doubles the graphic bus bandwidth, but also dramatically improves the overall throughputs for today’s intensive graphics applications.
API support - full compliant to all Microsoft’s DirectX 9.0 applications and OpenGL 1.4 applications.
WHQL certified -Palit FX5200 compliant to Windows XP, Windows Me, and Windows 2000 provides you a hassle-free experience.
Linux support - complete Linux XFree86 driver is needed to get Linux support.
System Requirements

A 350-Watt power supply or greater is recommended to ensure normal system operation where a number of other internal devices are installed.
Intel Pentium 4/III/II/Celeron, AMD K6/ Duron / Athlon / Athlon XP or compatible
8X AGP slot, does NOT work with PCI or 1X, 2X, 4X AGP slot
128 MB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive
Operating systems support

Windows 98SE
Windows ME
Windows 2000
Windows XP
Display Support

VGA connector for analog CRT
S-video or composite connector for TV / VCR
DVI-I connector for digital CRT or flat panel

hope you read well :tazz:

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
which one would you say was better and do you think nvidia are better that ATI

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
me personally i think nvidia are good graphics cards as they are mostly good on 3D games i have never never had an ATI card an i never want to but for you dont go with the GeForce FX5200 or 9250 as both of those cards suk and lag on most try and look for a higher one like 5700 or higher then you will be ok make sure its Nvidia :tazz:

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
yes but for now i am going to stick with 1 of these the ati is mine the geforce is my mates and he wants 15 quid for it would you have the nvidia 1 and is it a little bit better than the ati

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
yes just a little bit like the clock speed on ati is 240MHz and nvidia is 250Mhz the Geforce fx5200 is worth £15 :tazz:

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
if i had a intel intergrated and i wanted to choose either a ati 9250 or nvidia geforce fx5200 it would be the GeForce fx :tazz:

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
thanks for the advice i mostly play on counter strike: source so i wanted to see which graphics card would play the best but i am going to try the nvidia for a couple of weeks then decide thanks for the advive anyway

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
you honestly say that your gunna try battlefield 2 on a 128MB card 256MB is best for that game the GeForce FX5200 can play doom 3 with sum jumps but with that its playable i havnt yet played half life 2 on it yet but i think it will work as long as you have the latest driver :tazz:

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
Do you have msn messenger at all ?

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
yea i do have msn messenger [email protected] add me and i will talk to you on there

jshearer

jshearer

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have used both Nvidia and Ati cards and both are really personal preference. You will probably not see a big difference at all between the cards. Any of the games mentioned will all run on either card just fine. I ran Doom 3 on a Geforce 4 ti 4200 and it ran perfectly and looked real pretty. Could it have looked better on a top of the line card yes but I played a friends with a real good expensive card and then went back to mine and it looked fine to me. A good site to look at is www.tomshardware.com they do alot of benchmarking and ou should be able to find a comparison there.

yardguard

yardguard

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I personally prefer NVidia cards and I have seen both in action.......But!!!!! A 256 mb card vs a 128mb card?...Well...............

nost

nost

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
thanks for the advice i will have a look on that site