Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wont boot usually...

• Please log in to reply

exmil77

exmil77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok guys, here goes. Last night, I went to turn on the computer, and when it got to the welcome screen, the monitor just went blank...it wouldnt boot. I of course just kept tyring to turn it off and on, and SOMETIMES it would boot up all the way. Of course, after about 5 seconds, it would kick itself off. I thought it might be a virus, and ran my virus stuff. It found a couple, and I deleted them. It still had the problem. I reinstalled windows, and wiped everything off the system. It worked fine after that, until I powered up this morning. It started in on the same stuff again. I got into safe mode, just to check my email, and it worked for that. I rebooted, and its now working in regular mode. I know when I turn it off, its not going to want to reboot...any ideas? Is it my memory? orr????

Advertisements

matt_fleming

matt_fleming

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
When was the last time you cleaned out your case? Overheating possibly.

-Matt

exmil77

exmil77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, it was done a few months ago I think. Maybe I'll just take the case off, blow it out, and make sure everything is connected ok. Any more ideas?