Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer slow down!

• Please log in to reply

sosaman20

sosaman20

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hey, our computer seems to be running slower than normal. is there a program that i can download to fix this, should i post a hijackthis log? i was trying to uninstall a game to make it run faster, but it froze up right in the middle of it. now it wont run properly and it wont let me uninstall it! HELP ME PLEASE!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

nost

nost

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
it wont be malware its because your computer froze in the middle of a game try searching for the files and deleting them 1 by one or reinstall windows

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nost, what do you think caused the uninstall to lock up? right...i have no idea either...but you know what it could be? MALWARE....always check the easiest route first...and right now...that's gonna be malware......DO NOT reinstall windows yet because it's not neccessary....and do not go randomly deleting files...that will not solve the issue....check for malware then come back to this thread if it is needed