Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows updates and jetico personal firewall

• Please log in to reply

theshadow247

theshadow247

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hi.i have been trying jetico personal firewall 1.0.1.61.and i like it so far.i pass all stealth tests i can find but when it comes to getting my windows updates i can't.after checking the log winupdates are being blocked.does enyone know how i can make a rule to allow windows updates.eny help would be appreciated. :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You could turn off automatic updates and when you want to run updates shut down the firewall. I don't run AU anyway because the updates always seem to occur at the most inconvenient times, and some don't install together very well.

theshadow247

theshadow247

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi.Tyger.thanks for the reply.i still have the auto udate on.and i do shut the firewall down to get the update but there has to be a way to make a rule to get the updates without shuting it down.and besides that i would like to learn how to make rules with this firewall.because i can't figure it out. :tazz: