The problem is that his computer randomly freezes up at certain points. The only way to unfreeze it is by pressing alt + cntrl + delete or by pressing alt + tab. I've run just about every malware and virus remover known to man and his comp isn't infected.
This leads me to believe that it has to be a windows problem. I've asked him if he had his windows xp disk or some type of a backup but he doesn't. System restore was turned off as well.
Oh and a big note: this problem happens in safe mode too with just the basic programs running.
Here's a list of what I've done. I understand if you want me to repeat some of this stuff because it could be procedure.
- Silent runners
- Ewido (full scan in safe mode with updates)
- Panda online virus scan
- Hijackthis (yes I can read logs)
- clean up
- about buster
- cws shredder
attempted windows fixes
- made sure hardware was up to date
- installed all windows updates including both service packs
- checked to see if he had enough ram (1 GB)
- reinstalled both service packs
Any help you guys could give me would be very appreciated.
Edited by John1313, 21 August 2005 - 04:56 PM.