Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ext. Monitor not showing image via Port Replicator

• Please log in to reply

tallyguy

tallyguy

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I recently had the Desktop Hijack Virus on my computer. :) But the anti-virus guys on this forum helped me out and I am now virus free. :ph34r:

One of their recommendations was to dowload all of the latest updates from Microsoft, which I did. One of the updates was the latest driver for the Dell NVidia GeForce2 for the Dell Inspiron 8000.

Since downloading the updates, when I plug my Dell Inspiron 8000 into my port replicator, my external monitor (Dell 1702FP) gets as far as the Windows 2000 Professional Screen, then goes blank! :tazz:

It insists its in PowerSave mode. I never had this problem before. What should I do? I thought about reinstalling the original disks. THat may solve my display problem but it might remove some of the latest security features from the most recent updates.

Any help :) is appreciated.

Advertisements

tallyguy

tallyguy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Never mind. I reinstalled my old driver. I can use the external monitor and port replicator again. Consider this topic closed.