Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task Manager - Process Watcher Has Disappeared

• Please log in to reply

hysteria

hysteria

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hi, my name is Dan. I recently posted on these forums about the Aurora/Nail.exe spyware, and had SUPERB help from the user known as greyknight. At the end of my post after fixing this, I also asked him if he could help me fix this particular problem I have (shown below).

Posted Image

He told me to do the following, "Go to Start->Run and type in sfc /scannow and hit OK. Let it scan. If it finds any files missing/corrupted, it may ask for the Windows CD."

I did that, and it scanned, but nothing happened after that. :tazz: It did not ask for my Windows CD (and even if I did, I've no clue where it is :) ).

This is more of an annoyance than it is a crucial problem. So I'll be glad if you guys do help me. It's just nice to know and watch your processes (as well as that CPU-usage / percentage thing). I've downloaded a "proc-watch" program, but it just isn't the same! :ph34r:

So again, thank you in advance. I'll check back with this before I head off to work, tomorrow. Thank you! :)

Dan

P.S. - The only way to get it off your screen is to right-click close it in the tray sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't even show up there, and I'd have to restart my computer. I've had this problem before, and it usually comes back. It could be just a Windows-Error. Thank you! Bye

Edited by hysteria, 16 August 2005 - 03:54 AM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Its actaully pretty silly.
Open Task Manager.
Move ur mouse cursor on the top border of the window, till it cahnges to the double-arrow resizing cursor. And double-click.

hysteria

hysteria

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
What can I say! You're the man! ::bows in honor:: :tazz: ...... :) ....... :)