Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking with a Latitude d505 laptop

• Please log in to reply

NeedHelp05

NeedHelp05

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently set up a network in my office between 3 desktops 2 laptops and a server. so far everything works great except the one laptop the latitude d505 can see all the other computers and the server but it Can't connect to them. I have tried everything and i was on the phone with dell support Gold service for about 2 hrs and they can't figure it out so i am really desperate here. if anyone could shed some light on this problem of mine i would be very greatfull. Thanks ... :)

~~Desperatly in need of help~~
..................................... :tazz:

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
assuming you can ping other computers, what do you receive if using net view \\remotepcname? if it is system 5, this is permission issue; if it is 53, this is name resolution issue.

troubleshooting is not accessible error"
System Error 5 has occurred" · "System Error 51 has occurred" · "System Error 53 has occurred". Troubleshooting step by step: ...
http://www.howtonetw...ccessibale0.htm

NeedHelp05

NeedHelp05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey thanks for the reply but thats not it. heh I am not getting an error when i try to connect. I can see them i just cant connect. I try and it just says i cant. I dont know why, its wierd. any other ideas??? Thanks

NeedHelp05

NeedHelp05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
To anyone who was looking at this post, I figured out what was wrong... HEH It was the stupid Norton Internet Security promgram running on the server. lol I uninstalled it and now everything works perfect. Just wanted to get this on the site incase anyone else was looking for an answer. Hope this helps someone......

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Thnak you for the feedback.