Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connect to computer workgroup

• Please log in to reply

t-man

t-man

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I am trying to connect to a workgroup with my laptop but every time i click on the workgroup selection it says that i might not have access permission, and that i need to talk to the administrator of that network. I am the administrator so all that i need to know is how to allow my laptop to view the wokgroup like all of my other computers connected to my wireless network. Does anyone have any idea as to how i could do this?
Thanks

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
do you create the same username in the remote computer? this page may help,

access isues
"computername is not accessible. No permission to access the resources" Case Study · Troubleshooting "No accessible" ... is not accessible ...
http://www.chicagote...ccesserrors.htm

t-man

t-man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
It just says the name of the network not the name of a computer. It won't even show a name of any of the computers in the workgroup. This is the exact message,"Office is not accessible. you might not have the permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. A list of servers for this workgroup is not available." Any clue asto why?
Thanks

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
the computer should be able to see itself. if not, have you enable file sharing?

The computer doesn't show itself in Workgroup - "Workgroup is not accessible"
http://www.howtonetw...accessible1.htm

t-man

t-man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
The computer browser is off, but i can not start it when i try to start it i get this message."the computer browser service on local computer started then stopped. some computer services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the performance logs and alert services."
thanks

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
Have you received Event ID 7024? this troubleshooting cannot start computer browser -event ID 7024 may help,

http://www.chicagote...eventid7024.htm