Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Software

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hey just wondering,

Is there any free software out there that I can use to completly distroy some files that i have, and make it so that way no one can recover them?

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Yeah, there is... but if you simply empty the recycle bin, it takes someone awful motivated and (most likely) with physical access to your computer to recover them.

I'm not sure how "secure" you want to be, but the Recycle Bin should be more than effective.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Hello Tony,

Thought Tune Up Shredder would do that

Keith

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Hello Tony,

Thought Tune Up Shredder would do that

Keith

View Post

I know know but that is only a trial and I dont have the money to buy it and I dont agree with illegal serials mate.

Do you know of any free ones? (that is completly free)

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Hey just wondering,

Is there any free software out there that I can use to completly distroy some files that i have, and make it so that way no one can recover them?

View Post

Nah I would like something that completely covers everything, including re-writing the files that I delete.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It will still work if it is a trial, it's not going to get to the end of the trial and go here's all the files we shredded, and we undid all the fixes

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

It will still work if it is a trial, it's not going to get to the end of the trial and go here's all the files we shredded, and we undid all the fixes

View Post

I dont really get what you mean man.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If the trial is valid, run shredder, it cannot unshred them when the trial ends

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
What do you mean by files? What sort of files do you mean? Documents, Temporary Files, Internet Cache or what?
Regards RockyIV

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

What do you mean by files? What sort of files do you mean? Documents, Temporary Files, Internet Cache or what?
Regards RockyIV

View Post

Documents

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Ok.....give me more time! Thanks!
Regards RockyIV

EDIT: Which Antivirus do you use?

Edited by RockyIV, 17 August 2005 - 02:42 AM.