Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Won't boot

• Please log in to reply

Topaz Flare

Topaz Flare

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

My Computer is a Dell Optiplex GX110 . it was working fine untill it ran low on space on the harddrive its at 3% left of free space

I have been getting these messages after the screen where " Dell "appears it reads " Cover was previously removed. strike F1 key to retry boot, F2 for setup utility "

if I press F1 it only gives me the message again. and if I press F2 the setup Utility askes me for a password and I dont know what it is!

please help me.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I presume it is asking for the BIOS password, unless you have set one it should not give you this mesage (does leaving it blank work). Could you try to put the hard drive in another computer reomve what you don't need (and backup what you do) and see if it will work then.