Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft word errors O_o

• Please log in to reply

salmadys

salmadys

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello! This is my first post in this forum; you see i have a bit of a problem with micro&soft's word since last night... It keeps showing an error and apologizing for shutting down, over and over again... Before crashing it makes a backup of the file i was working on, but it gets really frustrating and pretty old after a while.

I guess i all started with a corrupt works file that we could not open; We tried everything installes works 6.0 works 2000 , even a works-word converter but the thing was impossible to open. finally we opened the file directly in MS word.. (DUH!) it worked...we saved it as a word document and were happy to finally modify it... that's when it started crashing. X_x

We were able to modify the file in another computer with office installed on it... but in this pc it seems impossible to do so.. becouse word crashes after a while even with all files..

we tried reinstalling; deleting the regirstry keys under current user/micrsoft/office; changing normal.dot to normal.old to abnormal.this-is-getting-real-old-real-fast; and using word's own auto repair function... nothing works... word is still too lazy to keep any document open for more than 2 minutes...

we're losing hope here! Can any of you guys help us?

Thnaks in advance

(also i apologize for any spelling mistake.. english is not my mother lenguage so i tend to add letters indiscriminatly... O_o)

Advertisements

salmadys

salmadys

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi there! since my last post i've tried deleting all works registry keys and doing a few more twaeks like erasing and reisntalling the proofing utilities... Still doesn't work.

Sice nothing seems to fix the problem.. not even deleting and reinstalling office.. i am beggining to wonder if there actually is a way to completly remove all office xp (key's and all) from my computer ...

thanks in advance, help will be appreciated.

letonica

letonica

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well,hi there.Unfortunately I have the same problem too.But i haven't done anything yet, because I don't want to make it even worse.

I don't know much about errors like this - the Word is shutting down when I try to open any document or the programm itself. The programm offers to send an error report and closes automatically. I'm getting desperate slowly.

If somebody could help me by offering some solutions,please answer!
:tazz: