Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Answer to "Spy Sheriff and ANNOYING Warning sign" [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

unholy83

unholy83

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey there!

I've got the same problem, very often a yellow warning sign with a black exclamation mark in it shows up in my task bar on the lower right. When i click on it, no matter if once or twice, it will disappear.

I found out, that this only happens, when I'm using Mozilla.
My current version is:

Mozilla 1.7.8
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de-AT; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511

I think, the problem comes from Mozilla. Because if Mozilla is not running, there is no sign. I don't think it's a trojan / worm / virus / malware whatsoever.

Since I saw, that Firefox is running in your task list, I expect it's the same problem.
Seems to be a bug in the Mozilla kernel..?

I also couldn't yet find a preference dedicated to this warning sign.

Hope I could help you a little. It would be interesting to get feedback from other users to this problem.

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi unholy83 and welcome to GeeksTogo!

You are still infected. It will not just go away, that I can gurantee you.

I would advise you to go to this site: You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

and following the instructions carefully. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THIS thread.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.