Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Eternally Caching Pages?

• Please log in to reply

thall89553

thall89553

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am so baffled on this one, I am not even sure where to begin. I am a web designer and recently my hosting company upgraded or switched to some new servers. SOMETIMES, when I make a change to a file, the changes are not reflected in IE at all. What I have been doing is going so far as renaming the files, browsing to the old file name to get a page can't be displyed, then renaming the file back to the original and browsing back to it to see the change. For example, if you look at this page, http://tmh.netdbs.com/apsg - In IE, the left column is maroon even though I changed its background color to transparent. When I make a change and pull the page up in Firefox (I love Firefox), the change is there. I tried clearing the cache of IE but no dice. Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The left column is maroon for me. Sure sounds like a cache problem. Have you tried holding down the CRTL key and clicking refresh? That will force a refresh of the page from the server.

thall89553

thall89553

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The issue is not a matter of my cache, I have done everything over and over and over to clear my cache completely. The server is some caching the pages and I don't have the ability to clear its cache, that is if it has one. I know very little about this topic but it frustrates me to no end. Thanks