Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

world of warcraft Install error

• Please log in to reply

Voltxion

Voltxion

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello as the Description says I have tried Blizzard and Microsoft both phone and email and got alot of tips and to noavail there only advice after all there Guesses was Get a new computer.. I cannot get past the uninstall creation I am guessing this is the Exact error

The file "Uninstall\Win32\msvcr71.dll" in archive "<unknown>" could not be opened, because an error 2 occurred. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (MPQFile::OpenFromArchive)

I have used a mem checker all that was Success and No problems took all the extra hardware i have added since the last time i installed WOW and Still same error they say its something Hardware related and I am starting to believe them because I have formated my Main HD and since msvcr71.dll is no longer a Win system file it could not be that I have tried 2 different CDs and nothing worked with either Please help me out

My aim is xxkokushoxx
my website is voltxion.us
Please i don't want to waste my free month im 16 days into it with 0 hours played

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well try to reinstall the .net framework

dotnetfx