Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCMCIA Card on old laptop

• Please log in to reply

pringle

pringle

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey everyone,

I got a very old laptop here, with 8mb RAM and a Cyrix processor - But it indeed has PCMCIA network card installed, this is picked up by the PCMCIA and I can stop / start the card - Although when I try to plug it into the network no status light comes on the router?

Theres a few drivers missing,

The network card is picked up as a D-Link DE650 Ethernet Card PCMCIA - When I go into its properties it says "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device" < Does this mean I do or don't require a driver? I can fully configure the TCP/IP settings in Network properties and the card is present in the protocol list.

Also, there is definatley a driver missing for PCMCIA Card Services as Windows 95 isn't recognising it, I need a driver for this also - I think because this drive is missing the PCMCIA card isn't online and showing power on the router?

Any ideas, I'm a bit lost when it comes to PCMCIA cards...

I just need this thing to be able to view the network, the TCP/IP and Gateway settings are all correct - Its just not showing the laptop is online on the router

Help please :tazz:

Thanks
Ryan

Advertisements

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
do a google search for the correct drivers,

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k