Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to retrieve lost photos

• Please log in to reply

mondo

mondo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Whilst trying to add more pics to a cd I managed to "lose" the stuff already on it.
However in "Recent documents" I can see some of the folders and files but I cannot get them back. When I hover on them it says either C/Drive/documents and settings/microsoft/cd burning (which appears to be empty when I go there) or it says D/Drive. I tried copying them and either adding to disc or pasting elsewhere, but only the icon seems to move, the data seems to be in limbo somewhere. I have not "cleaned" or deleted so I imagine the stuff is there somewhere, but how do I get it back.
I am not too technical, so I hope this makes sense!!!

Advertisements

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
try going Start>Search> then put .jpg in the search box and sift threw all the results to see if they are there :tazz:

PS you made need to select Advanced Search Option and let it search everything.

Hope this helps :)