Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winfixer 2005 still here

• Please log in to reply

Treach2001

Treach2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I do not recall deleting any folders prior to being instructed to do so by you. I could be wrong, but I do not believe so.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
hy treach....gonna see if i can help you with your outlook issues....please don't spout any malware or hjt logs at me as i will run away screaming in terror..(that stuff perplexes me)....could you describe your setup before your infection? how do you connect to the internet? what devices do you use for this?(routers, modems, switches) are you using outlook or outlook express? i believe i read that you are using a pop3 server correct? what version of office is this? were you having any issues before the infection with office programs?

Treach2001

Treach2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
No issues prior to the infection, I am connected by cable modem through roadrunner/Time Warner. I am using Windows XP, Microsoft Office XP Professional with Business Contact. My main email is [email protected] it is a pop3 email..
The error message I am getting is as follows: There was a problem connecting to the database engine. To try again, please click Retry. If problem persists, check Help.
Help say to contact support.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that sounds like it may be on their end....also if you can edit y our email out of that post it would be a good thing...i would call your ISP support line and see if they are by some slight miricle any help....if not come back here...i'll do some research in the meantime

Treach2001

Treach2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
The problem is with the program. I can not even uninstall outlook or repair it. It states that an installation is already running. I contacted the ISP my mail is working fine. I am checking it on the web and it is forwarding to my Blackberry as well.

I may take my laptop in to someone to have a look at it though.

Jeffery