Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Update Failed

• Please log in to reply

BoomShake007

BoomShake007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Windows ME
Norton Internet Security 2004

I recently tried to run the LiveUpdate feature. It found the list of updates and downloaded them.

+[]Norton Antivirus
--[]Norton Antivirus 2004 Program Update (English) (1003.3KB)

However, when it tried to install the updates, it gave an error message saying "LiveUpdate was not able to complete this update." When I clicked "Details" it said this:

Windows Millennium 4.90.3000  NAV95 10.00.10

LiveUpdate was not able to complete this update.

Please contact Technical Support and provide all information displayed on this screen.
For contact information, go to Help->Technical Support from your Symantec product.

The files below could not be updated by LiveUpdate:
-----------------------------------
File: C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\Navlucbk.dl^
1049728 Bytes 4/23/2004 11:04:28 v10.0.14.2.

On the final page, there's an X next to the update, and it says.

LU1812: A program that was part of this update failed when it ran.  This update was not applied. Click here for more information on this error

That link directs you to the download page for the LiveUpdate software. I figured, what the heck, might as well try running the lusetup-It.exe to install whatever the latest version is.

When I ran that program, however, it freezes in the very beginning when it says "Uninstalling old versions of Live Update". I was debating on whether to uninstall it manually, but I'm afraid it'll uninstall my registration information, which I dont remember. Is there any way to obtain this information so I can write it down?

Any help resolving this error would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by BoomShake007, 17 August 2005 - 10:00 AM.

Advertisements