Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

reinstall touchpad drivers

• Please log in to reply

t-man

t-man

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I am using my toshiba satellite a25-s279 and I think that I may have deleted the toshiba touchpad software. I used to have a program that would let you assign corners of the touchpad to do different things (E.X. a corner could be used as the back button on the internet). I can still use the touchpad but I either can not find the program or I may have uninstalled it. Can anyone either help me reinstall the touchpad software or find the program?
Thank you

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
from new, the laptop should have been supplied with a driver cd as well as the recovery cd. The touchpad driver (on my tosh laptop the touchpad driver is called 'synapsis') will be on that driver cd. The driver cd is for those situations when Windows doesn't need re-installing but a driver goes missing or is corrupted.

t-man

t-man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Is there any way to get the recovery disks over the internet because I think that my computer either did not come with the recovery disks or I might have lost them?
Thanks

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If you no longer have the recovery CD etc, you should be able to download the touchpad driver for your laptop from Toshibas website.

t-man

t-man

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
I could not find the drivers on the Toshiba website.
Thanks though

Edited by t-man, 20 August 2005 - 02:48 PM.

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi

Follow the link below to download the touchpad driver & touchpad disable/enable utilities :
http://www.csd.toshi....jsp#PublicList

Theres also Toshiba Utilities there to download which may be useful if the other two don't do the job.