Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

frame.crazywinnings.com [resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vincentharris726

vincentharris726

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i cant get rid of frame.crazywinnings.com in the trusted sites of internet explorer. does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome Vincent. Let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log as a new topic in the Hijack This forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide. Also see this post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

vincentharris726

vincentharris726

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 10:30:08 AM, on 12/3/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2600.0000)

O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 auto.search.msn.com
O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 search.netscape.com
O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 ieautosearch

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.frame.crazywinnings.com

These are the only problems i have left. i know the rest of the hijack file is fine.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We can definitely help you, but first you need to help us. The first step in this process is to apply Service Pack 1a for Windows XP. Without this update, you're wide open to re-infection, and we're both just wasting our time.
Click here: http://www.microsoft...p1/default.mspx
Apply the update, reboot, and post a fresh Hijack This log.

We'll also need to see the entire log. <_<

GET 1T DONE

GET 1T DONE

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I just joined the site hoping to get some much needed help removing *.frame.crazywinnings.com from my Trusted Sites list in IE Security. A bunch of crap managed to load itself on my system when I accidently clicked on a questionable site. Virusscan caught some trojans, and then using SpyBot and AdAware removed everything else that got added to my Trusted Sites list. However, that one site seems to somehow have survived. So basically my question is the same as the other guys, how can I remove *.frame.crazywinnings.com? I've searched around alot but haven't been able to find any clear cut solution. Thanks for your help!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Here's a reg fix that should work.

Installation: Copy and paste the code below into a text editor such as Notepad.

Save this text as RemoveDomains.reg. Make sure the "Save as type:" is "All Files (*.*)" and save it to your desktop.

Double-click on RemoveDomains.reg. When it asks you to merge the information to the registry click Yes.
REGEDIT4

; Filename: RemoveDomains.reg
;
; Provider: LineOFire

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\*.frame.crazywinnings.com
]
"http"=dword:00000004

GET 1T DONE

GET 1T DONE

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. I managed to find another source that had covered this topic and they directed the individual to the program that basically did the same thing you suggested (just clears the Trusted/Restricted Site lists). The problem has seemed to be completely corrected (I hope <_< ) and I'm hopefully all clean now. Your help is much appreciated.