Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

this is strange

• Please log in to reply

fonzbear2000

fonzbear2000

• Pip
  • 7 posts
i have 2 hotmail accounts-on 1 of them, when i try to put attachments on an email, i get an error saying the it cant be attached because there is a virus-on the other account, i can attach stuff and never get that error-this happens on both computers on our network-i ran norton and 2 online scan(mcafee and house call) and they showed nothing-i also ran adaware, spybot, and microsoft anti spyware and still am getting this error-any ideas y this is happening?

i ran the following and here r the results:

avg free: one trojan found and healed

trend micro house call: nothing found

microsoft anti spyware, spybot, adaware: microsoft and

spybot found stuff and removed it-adaware found nothing

mcafee stinger: nothing found

cwshredder: nothing found

i can run hijack this and post a log if u want

i deleted all the email from the hotmail account and its still trying to attach viruses-i dont get it because if it was a virus on my computer, wouldnt it do it on BOTH hotmail accounts? y just on only one hotmail account and on both computers on the network?

Edited by fonzbear2000, 18 August 2005 - 01:40 AM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Are u trying to send a .exe,.reg or.vbs file?
If so, u need to zip it before attaching.
I dont know about hotmail bu most online free-email providers dont allow files with the aforementioned extension.

fonzbear2000

fonzbear2000

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Are u trying to send a .exe,.reg or.vbs file?
If so, u need to zip it before attaching.
I dont know about hotmail bu most online free-email providers dont allow files with the aforementioned extension.

View Post

im trying to send pics(.jpg) and mp3's

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I think the malware infection might still be there.
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.