Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Little confused over avg, trojan hunter & ewido

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

M4d$k1llz

M4d$k1llz

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I read the guide on how to remove malware from your system, and i understand all of step one (spyware removal) but in step 2, it reccomends 4 things, 2 virus scans (avg & ewido), 1 internet scan (then it says "only use one virus detecter or they will not work, and give less protection") then it reccomends trojan hunter......

am i meant to use avg OR ewido OR trojan hunter OR internet scan?? or all 4, or....

please help :tazz:

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts

I read the guide on how to remove malware from your system, and i understand all of step one (spyware removal) but in step 2, it reccomends 4 things, 2 virus scans (avg & ewido), 1 internet scan (then it says "only use one virus detecter or they will not work, and give less protection") then it reccomends trojan hunter......

am i meant to use avg OR ewido OR trojan hunter OR internet scan?? or all 4, or....

please help  :)

View Post

Hi M4d$k1llz and welcome to Geekstogo!

I can understand your frustrations. Its ok we will get you thru this :)

If you currently do not have a active virus scanner (like nortons or mcafee) then download AVG. Download Ewido and trojan hunter and use those programs. (Ewido is not an active Antivirus scanner and trojanhunter is not an Antivirus scanner). Also run the online scanner.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Edited by Excal, 18 August 2005 - 03:57 AM.

M4d$k1llz

M4d$k1llz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
kool thnx alot, yea i have had avg (my dad is obsessed with all people ion family having it) i shall now do the thing, and maybe u nice people can review a hijackthis log for me :tazz:

thnx :)

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
I am going to bed, so I will close this topic, just start a new thread, And someone will eventually be along to help you.

Good luck :)

:tazz:

Excal