Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OE Attachments

• Please log in to reply

pecans6

pecans6

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I previously had Earthlink on my computer. Well I now have comast and use Outlook Express. Some attachments that I try to open default to trying to open with Earthlink which I thought I deleted. How do I set it up so that I don't have this problem?

Advertisements

Psych

Psych

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi pecan6, welcome to Geeks to Go!

I don't know too much about Earthlink, but I'm thinking this should be the same as if you'd set all gif files to open with Paint Shop Pro, then deleted PSP.

Right-click on the attachment and choose "Save As...", and save to your desktop.
Locate the file on your desktop, right-click and choose "Open With">"Choose Program..." (do not select a program from the list given after "Open With".

Find the program you want to use in the list presented, or browse for the program if you need to. BEFORE you click "OK", put a tick in the box reading "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". Now click "OK".

After you've done this once you should be able to open the attachments for that file type directly from Outlook (without having to save to desktop) and they'll use whichever program you chose.

Let me know if this works / any problems.

Regards

Psych