Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nail.exe [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Looks good - how is it running now?

Advertisements

LBWalker

LBWalker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Really, really good. Better than it has in quite some time. Thank you, thank you. I will do my part as I can. A time or 2 my mouse cursor has acted a little sporatic and jumped across the screen. ?
I have to do the same thing on my mothers PC.
I did have a couple of questions. I have removed Spy Sweeper. I was told it is a possibility that program was letting in some of this. I have also removed Ad-Aware SE because it was the one holding the programs in my PC. After clearing my PC last night I turned SE back on and all of the programs that were finally removed reloaded themselves again and I had to go through the prev procedures again. I have heard it is a good program and GeeksToGo supports it so should I reload it. I thought maybe my program had become corrupted. ??
I'm also running Norton which doesn't seem to be stopping or finding this stuff. Is it working. I am currently running the Ewido, Norton and I have microsoft anti-spyware as a back-up. I also have in file, Silent Runners and nailfix. I was wanting to remove those. And a file with something abut Bill P Studios, something I've downloaded or has come in while trying to kill this thing. Do you know the Bill P program and would it be okay to remove SilentRunners and nailfix? :tazz:

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
You're welcome - glad to help :tazz: It was the Ad-watch element of AdAware that was causing the reinstall. AAW is good, I find Adwatch to be a pain. When you set it up, open Adwatch and make sure the Automatic button at the bottom of the screen is unchecked (red). That should stop it reloading.

Spysweeper is good also. The thing with all these programs is that they do tend to lag behind the latest infections and that's what you had. You can harden your defences by following the recommendations in Tony's article here:

So how did I get infected in the first place?

Silent Runners and nailfix can be removed. I'm not familiar with the Bill P program - remove it also.

Should I close this topic now?

LBWalker

LBWalker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Yes, you may close this now. It has been a pleasure working with you. :tazz:

Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 4,356 posts
  • MVP
Thanks, you too :tazz:

As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please email the moderating team - be sure to include the address of the thread and the name you posted under.