Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SATA/EIDE Drives Together

• Please log in to reply

HQZ

HQZ

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Alright, I have a problem with my HDD's one Maxtor SATA 160GB (boot) one Maxtor SATA 40GB (not formatted yet) and a Western Digital EIDE 80GB (from the old PC with Win XP and data) Both SATA drives are running in non-RAID mode. Everything was fine until I plugged the EIDE drive, first I had problems booting up. After setting the drive as a slave I finally got the system to boot up form the SATA drive. I had to restart so when the PC tried to load Windows again there was a message that the mobo detected a second slave drive. Since the first slave drive is My DVD-Rom and also I have a Master IDE DVD-RW so that is a total of 2 DVD-Roms 2 SATA HDDs and EIDE HDD. Anyway as boot up to windows again and start transferring some data from the EIDE to the SATA. At one point the PC just restarted, and once the Windows loading screen came up it just stayed there. I tried again and again but Windows never loaded all the way through. Once I disconnect the EIDE drive everything is fine, but I still have some data that needs to be transferred form the old drive to the new. Any ideas how can I make all of these drives working? The mobo is MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum. It has 4 SATA controllers, and 3 IDE Slots the DVDs are on the primary slot and the EIDE Drive is on the secondary slot. Any help will be appreciated!
:tazz:

Advertisements

WhatThe

WhatThe

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Do you need to set the first boot device to SCSI on that moainboard to boot from your STAT drive?