Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

about:blank

• Please log in to reply

Robert Knock

Robert Knock

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: I continue to get a lot of ads and spyware. I have run adaware but it has no effect on the about:blank problem. I have read some of your postings about this. Should I proceed based on those answers or wait for a response to my specific problem?

Advertisements

MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
if the advice on this problem came from geeks2go, it's good and you should proceed.

Robert Knock

Robert Knock

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I was posted to day and I will proceed.Thanks

MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
:tazz:

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
You should follow the steps listed on this thread:
http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

It will give you several steps for removing of malware and if you have problems after doing the other steps on the guide -- and you may not be --
follow the Step 5 and post your current log of HiJackThis to THAT forum and wait for someone to come up and help you to get a clean PC.

Every infection is a bit different so it's best for you to start a new thread for the problems..

- Rawe :tazz:

Robert Knock

Robert Knock

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
This is in the first part of the instructions...
"The first thing you need to do is to disable WinPatrol until we have you cleaned back up. Leaving it running will cause parts of the fix to not work properly. "
How do you disable WinPatrol?

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi Robert :tazz:

Please follow Rawes advice from post #5.
With about:blank infections, there are so many variables involved that it is unwise to assume that the techniques used to fix someone elses case will work for you too! That is why we refer you to the link posted by Rawe. If, after doing those steps you still have probs, then post a log as described in step 5 of that page. We can then work out a fix which deals with your particular problem.

UKBiker