Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Internet Exploer Error

• Please log in to reply

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hey guys. I'm here again. <_< I hope you can help me on this one. Kinda werid stuff.

First of all I'm using IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158.

Which of course I read to be v. 6.0 on XP with SP2 installed as an update. So basically IE 6.

Anyhow, this error message keeps popping up, and it's really obnoxious. Here's the error message to begin with:

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer cannot open the internet site
[Enter name of internet site]

Operation Aborted

Now of course

[Enter name of internet site]

is NOT part of the error message (the stuff in italics is). Rathe it is where the name of various sites pop up, many of which differ in they're specific address. However, ALL of them are always related to the forums at Ezboard.com. (I happen to have a forum there.)

Now, this only happens when I'm surfing an EZ site (whether it be my forum, or someone else's or whatever, as long as it's in the EZ networks) However, it does not appear to be an EZ bug, since the other blokes at my site have not experienced the error messages. Therefore I've concluded that it's my comp obviously, and it only reacts to EZ pages.

I cleared all cookies (thinking it might be a cookie problem) but that seemed to do little good.

Well, in short, or perhaps long, I'm asking you guys for your advice. What do you think it could be? And most importnantly, how do I fix it?

Thanx guys, you rock!

Elven

Advertisements

Twism

Twism

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Tobe quite honest and blunt. It has been said before and will continue to be stated. Using IE is like asking for a beating. Ofcourse there afew sites that can only be run on IE, however...as a first resort i would suggest not worrying about the error message you get in IE and instead downloading Opera ( http://www.opera.com/ ) or Mozilla Firefox ( http://www.mozilla.o...irefox/all.html ). IE is a major hazard when it relates to internet security. Many of todays malicious socalled trojans and worms are transmitted directly through ports ( doors to your pc ) that IE has open.

Please, do not continue to use IE. You are just begging for trouble. If you receive the same problems with Opera or Firefox, please, drop us a line again and we'll see what we can do.

Greeting from Norway.

[To mess up your Linux box you have to work at it, to mess your windows box you have to just work on it]

Elvenwarrior2001

Elvenwarrior2001

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Okay. Thanx for the help. <_< I'll see what happens.

Elven