Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP ME! computer wont work (litterally)

• Please log in to reply

starburst32

starburst32

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi! I don't know too much about computers and I'm not sure if my problem should be under this topic but.. there are a couple of problems with my computer and I'm hoping someone can help me :tazz:

#1 - i've had this forever but there's this blue line that goes right through my computer screen. i don't know what it is but it's been there for awhile now.

#2 - just today, now i have a red line that goes down on the very left of my computer screen. these lines aren't thick.

#3 - my BIGGEST problem. nothing will open up. i will double click on any programs, and none of them will open. (from internet to control panel to other programs)

#4 - my mouse seems to have trouble moving. it will just move up & down and five seconds later it will start moving again.

is there i way i can fix this? school starts very soon for me (so im very stressed out b/c i need computer access). my computer also stores very very important information and it's imperative that i can view my information again.

any advice. (and ill gladly give more information about my computer if u need so to figure out the problem)

Edited by starburst32, 20 August 2005 - 08:57 AM.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
High, I imagine that is is a fixed computer (not a laptop) with a golfball mouse and flat screen, so before one starts playing about with the machine itself, it is always best to just replace the bits which is easy, i.e. have you seen if the same thing happens with a different screen and then after you know that, why not try using a different mouse.

Just a little easy tweek, if you are using a golfball type mouse, try opening it up and with one of those ear cleaning sticks remove any grim(normally looks like black lines) on the three wheels inside, this should return the mouse to normal.

Good luck and post back.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Lastly it sounds like you have malware on your machine and will need to repost in the Hijackthis forum, once you have cleared the above.

Edited by fleamailman, 20 August 2005 - 09:17 AM.