Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

About Firefox Browser

• Please log in to reply

RosePetals

RosePetals

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I was thinking of downloading firefox browser to stop so much spyware, but don't know much about it. Will it conflict with my IE? Also does it come with an email program? I use Outlook Express. I would like to continue to use Outlook Express. Thanks for any help.
RosePetals

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Firefox will in no way conflict with IE and is much less likely to be affected by hijacks and other undesirable stuff. My son was having IE hijacked all the time, but since switching him to Firefox he hasn't be hijacked once in 12 months. It does not include an email client although it's interface does include a 'mail' icon which provides quick access to your default email client such as Outlook or Outlook Express. for your information, the developer's of Firefox also offer a free mail client of their own called 'Thunderbird' and you can get it here: http://www.mozilla.o...ts/thunderbird/

Edited by pip22, 20 August 2005 - 02:11 PM.

RosePetals

RosePetals

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Oh this sounds great. Thank you sooooo much for the info. I will go and download it now. I have learned so much since I joined Geeks to Go a few days ago. You all are great.

One more question if you don't mind. Is it necessary to have so many anti spyware? I was reading on your site and was wondering if I need SpyBlaster and SpyGuard? I already have spybot and AdAware. Norton also catches some spyware. I was also going to download ZoneAlarm firewall because I don't have a firewall.
RosePetals

RosePetals

RosePetals

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok, I have FireFox downloaded and I LOVE IT! Now I have another question. I use Netzero for my ISP and when I connect it opens IE. I can't find the settings in NetZero to stop it from opening in IE instead of FireFox. Do you know how I can fix i to open in FireFoxt?
RosePetals

seraphima

seraphima

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Something to help you with Firefox: On the browser toolbar go to Tools, Extensions, then click on the link "Get More Extensions"...this will pull up the Mozilla page. Search for "Autofill" & "deskCut". Download each one and restart Firefox. Then go to "Tools", "Autofill", "Autofill Options" & fill in your Profile. Checkmark "Automatically highlight fields Autofill can fill" & "Enter Password" & your personal info & click "OK". Firefox will now have all the options the IExplorer browser does.

To put a link on your desktop, right click anywhere on the page to "Create deskCut".
Form fields should show up yellow from now on for "Autofill".

RosePetals

RosePetals

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks Seraphima, I will try this and let you know.
RosePetals