Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

misc questions

• Please log in to reply

bigdan

bigdan

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Hi,

Hope I'm posting in the right forum here.

Some random questions:

1/ When I start my computer on the windows desktop I get an alert:

RUNDLL
Error loading C;\windows\temp\se.dll
The specified module could not be found.

What can I do to get rid of this?

2/ When I start the quicktime icon always appears in the taskbar. I've tried to disable it by going into its own options but it doesnt seem to have this option.

What can I do to get rid of this?

3/ I installed FreeRAM XP Pro a few months back. I thought that I should verify if this program is indeed of good use or is it just taking up system resources? (it's always running in the taskbar).

Thanks
Dan

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi bigdan...Welcome to G2G!

1/ When I start my computer on the windows desktop I get an alert:

1) Click "Start"...Choose "Run" and type "chkdsk /f" without the quotes (note the space between chkdsk and /f)...Press "Y" to have chkdsk run on next restart, and reboot. (If this does not fix the problem post back to this thread...there are other options)

2/ When I start the quicktime icon always appears in the taskbar. I've tried to disable it by going into its own options but it doesnt seem to have this option.

2) Click "Start" and then choose "Run" from the menu. In the text box type "msconfig " (without the quotes) and click "Ok". Click on the "Startup" tab and find the application you want to stop (Quicktime) in the list. Clear the check box next to that application and click "Apply" and then "Ok". Don't get carried away stopping applications in there...many of them are necesary to run Windows. You can search for information on startup programs and whether they are required at startup Here.

3/ I installed FreeRAM XP Pro a few months back. I thought that I should verify if this program is indeed of good use or is it just taking up system resources? (it's always running in the taskbar).

3) From the information I've been able to find on this application, it does not appear to use much resource. (Rule of thumb...If it's running, it's using resources)

wannabe1

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I seem to recall that se.dll is associated with malware.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
bigdan...

Tyger is absolutely correct...it is associated with malware! (Thanx Tyger!)

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1