Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wtta.exe

• Please log in to reply

catharf

catharf

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: I have run all scans you suggested and then some more and I still can't get this out of my computer. I am not real computer literate so please give any suggestions in a dummy format (hahahaha). I have windows xp in a hp pavillion a520n. I currently have norton anti-virus, adaware se plus, microsoft antispyware beta1, and now trojan hunter, spybot search and destroy, ewido, and win-patrol. I have run all the scans and cleaned up some things that were present but it still wont get rid of the wtta.exe. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
catharf
:)

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi catharf and welcome to GeeksToGo!

WTTA.exe is consider malware

If you are having malware issues, please got to the following site and follow all the instructions carefully.

You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

this will help you clean up to 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Thanks,

:tazz:

Excal

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Go to Step 5 on THIS THREAD (IF you have completed the previous 4 first)..

When finished, post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum.. Do NOT post it here !!

Murray

catharf

catharf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok guys thanks so much for your quick response and I knew you were going to direct me there first. I did all the steps there except the hjt thingy. On the instructions to do that it says if I have disable anything in msconfig to enable it again, well does that mean everything in there as I had a techie help me with that a long time ago and we disable a bajillion things in there so do i set all those active again? and also some of the scans that are requested in the start here page came up empty so I didnt save any log files for those so do i do them again and save them also? hope i dont sound to incredibly stupid with this
thanks
cat

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Yes, that means you have to re-enable all those (mark them as they can be disabled again after if need be)..

All you need to post is your HJT log in the Malware Forum so far!!

Murray

catharf

catharf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hjt log is in. It was done at 6:44pm yesterday (6/20/05)

Edited by catharf, 21 August 2005 - 05:43 AM.