Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is a paid subscription here about?

• Please log in to reply

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I notice that there are paid subsrciptions here at Geekstogo. What are they, who uses them, how do they work????

Always with the questions

EMCguy

Advertisements

thegeek

thegeek

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have never noticed that here. O.o

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hello!

I think you are refering to the "Donor" tags people get

If you donate a minimum of 10 dollars (I think), you get a icon that says "Donor" to the that will show up on all of your posts (just above your total number of posts). Being a Donor also removed all google adds from the website.

I think thats the benefits of donating, maybe an admin can confirm.

thegeek

thegeek

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Oh, thanks Justin. I did know about that, just didn't know it by Paid Subscription. :tazz:

EMCguy

EMCguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
FYI, you get to the paid subscriptions by going to your control panel, and on the left just below options is a line for purchase paid subscriptions. But it doesn't seem to work
(ie you cant actually purchase a subscription there) so I'm guessing now its a default option in the software that runs these forums.

The link to donate to the site is here:

http://www.geekstogo...-Site-t132.html

I never noticed that it will get rid of the ads. Cool :tazz:

Best regards,

EMCguy

( I thought perhaps that computer shops purchased paid subscriptions, and they got quicker turnarouind/support)

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

( I thought perhaps that computer shops purchased paid subscriptions, and they got quicker turnarouind/support)

Hehe, nope. I think tis actually in our ToA that we do not help busniesses who seek our help and then get paid for "fixing" it. Technically we are a site that helps home users only.

Are there busniesses that probably post here for help? Yes.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The paid subscription feature is built into the forum software. We don't utilize it.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
edited {nevermind Admin beat me to the reponse.

Edited by Efwis, 21 August 2005 - 09:31 AM.