Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply

jus4ofusnky

jus4ofusnky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please help! :tazz: Everytime I start up windows I have this that pops up ..................

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program: C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\update Manager\sgtray.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way.

I have tried system restore, I have ran several different spyware programs, cleaned temp internet files, defragmeneted, scaned with Norton ,,,,, I don't know what else to do.

Advertisements

MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hello. You can check out this article to better understand a runtime error. These errors usually occur during the execution of a program. They can also occur if your computer is low on memory. I suggest reinstalling the program that causes the error.

Check out this article to better understand a Runtime Error.

http://www.webopedia...time_error.html

:tazz:

jus4ofusnky

jus4ofusnky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey there and TY :) !
I deleted the program,,,and now the message is gone. Windows is still extremely slower than usual. It take forever for my setting to load. GRRR! :tazz:
Thanks

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
you could just have too much stuff loading at bootup that could cause the slowdown, or as stated previously, you could be low on memory resources.

i would recommend removing any programs that you don't use on a daily, or weekly basis. that way you don't have a lot of stuff bogging your computer down at startup.