Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspected Hijacking

• Please log in to reply

whataboutthatbob

whataboutthatbob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My girlfriend has found multiple hijack attempts and spy products on my computer (and hers as well). Despite running every program she can get her hands on, and lost nights and weekends. She has not been able to get my machine running right. She has spent lots of money and hard work trying, but is at the point of giving up. Everytime things get fixed, it gets messed up as bad or worse in a matter of days.

Both systems are slow, freeze up and will loss the internet connection completely. She's lost her entire home network twice and I lost my modem and had to reinstall. I had a friend who bragged about her son being a hacker and suspect they had something to do with this

She has found 007 spy and bloodhound traces on both computers. In the last few hours, we have run "clean up" "spybot S&D, AdAware SE, enable Spyblaster, ran CA E-Z Antivirus, and ran a tune up through TuneUp Utilities 2004. Here is my HiJack this log. I hope someone out there can help.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:31:05 PM, on 8/20/05
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CA\ETRUST EZ ARMOR\ETRUST EZ ANTIVIRUS\ISAFE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CA\ETRUST EZ ARMOR\ETRUST EZ ANTIVIRUS\VETMSG.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CA\ETRUST EZ ARMOR\ETRUST EZ ANTIVIRUS\CAVTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\CA\ETRUST EZ ARMOR\ETRUST EZ ANTIVIRUS\CAVRID.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\LAVASOFT\AD-AWARE SE PLUS\AD-WATCH.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CMMON32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.home.micr...arch/search.asp
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = +
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = http:\\www.aol.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VetAlert] C:\PROGRA~1\CA\ETRUST~1\ETRUST~1\VETMSG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CaAvTray] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\CAVRID.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\TROJANHUNTER 4.2\THGUARD.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcactive] C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE CLEANER\tca.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tcmonitor] C:\PROGRAM FILES\THE CLEANER\tcm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CAISafe] C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust EZ Armor\eTrust EZ Antivirus\ISafe.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAdware3] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOADWARE3\NOADWARE3.EXE"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AWMON] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\LAVASOFT\AD-AWARE SE PLUS\AD-WATCH.EXE"
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.t...all/xscan60.cab

Advertisements

whataboutthatbob

whataboutthatbob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I realize everyone is busy, but I really do need some help with this. Could anyone please look things over and let me know if there is anything that can be done. I've already had to reformat my hard drive twice now.

thanks, :tazz: