Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Errors due to Trojan? removal [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

boristhe_spider

boristhe_spider

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Firstly, please accept my apologies if this is posted in the wrong section. Unfortunately I cannot proceed as per your tutorial instructions, this will become evident as I explain further.
I was having problems, with my pc freezing, running slowly, crashing back into MS-DOS mode, etc. and posted my problems in another forum, which I had used before, together with the current HJT log. They advised me to eventually download KillBox, and to run it, removing nude.exe, to which I did. Since then I am unable to open/run any programs, except for the internet connection and Internet Explorer, the non running programs include Norton AntiVirus, Zone Alarm, popup blocker, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, HJT, CWShredder, vitually everything on my desktop. I also cannot re-enable Windows firewall, or access anything in the control panel. The other forum, have offered a few suggestions, none of which have been able to solve this problem, and according to their last post, have basically run out of ideas and are trying to get us some help via other forums. Can anyone here help me, or do i need to load windows from scratch, as it seems the error 'messages' all seem to relate to system32\rundll. I can if need be copy and paste my previous posts from the other forum. Any advice will be appreciated, and thank you in advance for that help and advice. As you can see I am at the moment without firewall or anti virus. :tazz:

Advertisements

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
Hi boris, welcome to GeeksToGo

I have found and read your topic at the other forum. As it has been more than 5 days since you posted this message, please reply with if there has been any changes to your situation. There may be a few things to try, they may or may not work, but then we can say at least we tried.

Let me know,

Regards,

Armodeluxe

boristhe_spider

boristhe_spider

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for looking, but I decided to install windows from scratch, as it seemed I wasn't getting anywhere. If I have any problems I will certainly come back and ask for some assistance.
Thanks

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.