Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re-installing Norton

• Please log in to reply

gohorns

gohorns

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have 2 questions :

- When I try to format my C drive, it doesnt let me, stating that some program is running which lets me see the contents of the disk, even though everything is closed.

- When I try to install a full version of Norton Internet Security which I recently bought, it doesn't let me since I still have some Symantec program left on my computer. When I try to delete that, It tells me that I need to have Norton Firewall on uninstall it.

Help?

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
You cannot format the root drive from within Windows XP. You need to set the BIOS to boot from cd (press Delete key at start up, sometimes) and boot with the cd. A full format and reinstall will cause your data and settings to be lost, which will clear the way for your Norton installation after XP. Then go online and download all MS & Symantec updates offered.

Johanna

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
check this link
for the uninstall tool. try that and let us know how it goes.