Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AppWrap.exe & Dropper.Agent.DD

• Please log in to reply

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Look at this site:
http://www.helpwithp...ial-taskbar.htm

I assume you are referring to the ones shown under The Quick Launch Bar

If so, try disabling the Quick Launch bar and re-enable it after a reboot. This usually is enough to make the "doubles" go away.

Regards,

Advertisements

ggaudin

ggaudin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thank you so very much for all the help that you've been. Gradually,I'm getting all the kinks worked out. Katrina held me down for a couple of weeks; and, it looks as though the other part of my State is going to get hit by Rita. So, computer problems get sidetracked from time to time.
Thanks again../..
Gerard......

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
No problem. I have a permanent problem with getting side-tracked by Rita (she's my girlfriend :tazz: )

Take your time and let me know if you need any additional help.

Regards,

ggaudin

ggaudin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I got rid of the duplicate quick launch tray w/your directions. Duhh --- I shoulda though of that, myself. The popups have stopped; and the site you recommended should solve the little aggrivations...
Yup --- please, Please keep Rita somewhere else... snicker....
Thankx....

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Glad I could help. :tazz:

Please do have a look at my site about removing and preventing spyware.

Regards,

ggaudin

ggaudin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Your site is Great 'N I'll refer to it regularly....
I ran Clean Up and I'm still getting bigggg mb's of junk downloaded to my computer; so, it appears as if the downloader program is running like crazy. Also, I use AVG - Grisoft Free and it won't update. Ichecked their Forum site and found the Wait4SD file 'N deleted it... I'm gonna try to update it, shortly...
Thanks for your perserverance...

ggaudin

ggaudin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
The AVG update worked after Wait4SD was deleated.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts

The AVG update worked after Wait4SD was deleated.

View Post

Thanks for letting us know.
:tazz:

ggaudin

ggaudin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Any thoughts on the ad downloader program?????

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
I'm sorry. You lost me. :tazz:

Which "downloader program" is that?

Regards,

Advertisements

ggaudin

ggaudin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ahh Haa!!! You missed it in post #21, i.e.: "I ran Clean Up and I'm still getting bigggg mb's of junk downloaded to my computer; so, it appears as if the downloader program is running like crazy."
It jumps in almost as soon as my ISP logon occurs. I notice some activity in the lower URL block; but, I haven't been able to distinguish what's junk and what's Juno loading.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
My first step would be to install a firewall.
Looking at your log I don't see one, but you could of course be using a hardware firewall.

Another option is the free trial of Port Explorer:
http://www.freedownl...t_Explorer.html
http://www.diamondcs...u/portexplorer/

Both ways you should be able to find oput where the connection goes and which program initiates it.

Regards,

ggaudin

ggaudin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Any recommendations on a firewall??
I've downloaded the Port Explorer from the free download center; however, it wants to install a downloader program, first. Is this safe?; or, will I end up w/another problem program????
I am unfamilier w/both of these type programs i.e.: Firewalls & Port Explorer. I am on a dialup connection and didn't think I needed a firewall...

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
I'm not sure what you mean by this " it wants to install a downloader program, first."

Are you saying that the installer reports an unfinished install of a downloader program.

I'm using the paid version of PortExplorer myself, but I don't believe any of them will install another software along with it. (I can ask when in doubt)

Good free firewalls are:
Sygate
ZoneAlarm
Kerio

Sure you need a firewall when you are on dialup. Even more so I would say, since every bit of the connection used by something unwanted is a big waste. Bigger then for broadband users.
And evil may not get in as fast, but it will even attack slow connections.

Regards,

ggaudin

ggaudin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
In post #27 you listed 2 sites for downloading Port Explorer; and when you click on the 1st site, then click thru to the ultimate download it says that if you click on the the download using the "Free Download Manager" that it would be faster. I did that --- but it ultimately asked me if I wanted to Install the Download Manager --- not Port Explorer. I'm just wondering if the Download Manager will begin to interfear w/everything I thereafter do??? I haven't installed it yet...
Will grab one of the Firewalls that you suggested -- shortly...
Thanks