Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

psguard/w32desktophijack [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

OLDSCHOOL1

OLDSCHOOL1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: i found the psguard in the registry keys, the spybot program won't fix it.norton keeps giving me the w32 warning, but can't fix repair or quarentine it.
systematiic said to turn off my system restore before running the scan, but it made no difference. help. in english please.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi and welcome OLDSCHOOL1

Please run through the steps outlined in this Topic
Post back a fresh log when done please

OLDSCHOOL1

OLDSCHOOL1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
o.k. i used all the programs,but norton still gives me the virus alert for the w32desktop hijack. this is keeping me from downloading the sp1a . what do i do now? this time spybot said it removed the psguard program, but it is still active.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Could you post a HJT log please

OLDSCHOOL1

OLDSCHOOL1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
how?

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Open HJT and click on the Scan button, When the scan has completed the scan button will change to save log, click on it and choose a place to save the log, A notepad window should open with the current log in it, Please copy and paste that log back to this topic please

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.