Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My laptop requires a password to even boot!

• Please log in to reply

Phil L

Phil L

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a laptop that belongd to my girlfriend's sister. Its a Sony Vaio with XP but when turn it on, before it even loads XP, a black screen with a blue box in the center that says
"Enter Password" comes up and i cant bypass it no matter what i do..

I dont want to delete it or change the password i just want to either A. find the password out, or B. bypass it completely. the password isnt anylonger than 8 keys becuase the box wont allow more than 8 (maybe 7).

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS PROGRAM IS CALLED SO I CAN LOOK IT UP!!!?.. OR!!! Does anyone know how to just bypass it (prefferably bypass).. I have searched ALL over the web in search engines but i cant find anything out.. Please help.. any input is GREATLEY Appreciated.. Thanks.

Advertisements

Die4me

Die4me

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
You need to disable the password through your bios. At startup continually press the Del key (or the key that gets you into your bios). Once there find the password settings and disable the bootup password.

Hope this helps :tazz:

Edited by Die4me, 21 August 2005 - 06:14 PM.