Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VPU recover had to reset the graphics accelerator.

• Please log in to reply

lazaros

lazaros

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I used ATI TOOL to overclock my card and now this mesasge apearrs..

my computer specs are : INTEL PENTIUM IV 2,02 GHz, 768mbs RAM, ATI RADEON 9550.

first of all i must say that at the beginning when i was playing games ( UT 2004, EMPIRE earth 2, CS etc.. ) after some minutes of gameplay the system was crashing and i had much lag!! After that i downloaded ATI TOOL and i increased the core. Now when i play games i have no lag but after some minutes of gameplay this message appears

"" VPU recover had to reset the graphics accelerator ""

and i have to restart my computer..

Can you help me please?

EDIT

i socked when i saw that same problem have many people!! see these :

http://www.techspot....ex/t-13589.html

http://forum.majorge...4068#post634068

i also have tried to install new drivers, but that didn't help..

Edited by lazaros, 22 August 2005 - 02:25 PM.

Advertisements

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
maybe try downloading latest driver if that fails still maybe a bios flash and or a firmware update for the card assuming one is available, i would try setting ur mobo to agp 4 try slowing it down so it is atleast stable in the mean time.

lazaros

lazaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i have it already to agp 4x cause my mobo doesn't support higher agp..

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
ok i see, i wouldnt like to diagnose this until i know more, but try a bios update, and then a card flash if neccacery alittle more imfo motherboard ect, then we can consider the options we have.

lazaros

lazaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
my motherboard :

Model GA - 8PE667

Intel 845PE/ ICH4/ ATX.

how can i update the bios? do i need fans or something else?

At the momet don't have crashed, don't know why.. maybe cause i lower a step the wardware acceleration.. can someone tell me the proper configuration fo ATI TOOL? i did a test and the core always increasing up to 400 core!! why? from 200core to 400core?? (!!!)

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
i dont know the configuration of ati tool but what i do know is that until the hardware is stable at default u shouldnt be trying to overclock\enhance settings, and in regards to flashing the bios if u motherboard was made by gigaybte and go to the support section and then bios and then u will see full guide t doing it, gigabyte would obviously be replaced by ur motherboard maunufacturer as for flashing the card, this is a last minute thing and should not be attempted by anyone whom is not 100% confident in doing it.

lazaros

lazaros

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i don't want to flash. another solution please?

I have ATI RADEON 9550 Gamer's Edition.