Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't get pics in Firefox

• Please log in to reply

ucwoody

ucwoody

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
When my son was home he convinced me to switch to Firefox. That was fine and it was working great. Then out of nowhere it would no longer bring up pictures (JPGs for example) from many websites. Where there is supposed to be a picture, there is nothing.

I figured I'd go back and use IE, but I can't find any shortcuts to it. My son must have erased them? Maybe he even erased IE?

So... someone suggested I download Java again. I tried that an for some reason my PC won't let that download.

When I use the brower Window on AOL, it works and I can see the pics where I can't using Firefox. I don't know what browser my AOL depends on, but I'm tired of going to that AOL window to do my web stuff.

Thought or ideas here?

Woody

Advertisements

GoCompute

GoCompute

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
You may have a anti-virus program blocking the images for security reasons. Configure the anti-virus program to show images. Firefox should not have anything to do with your images not appearing. Does it happen on one site or all sites? If it just happens on one site then it may be that the webmaster has discontinued their image hosting. However, I recommend you go back to Firefox as you may be very vulnerable to viruses and hackers with IE.

ucwoody

ucwoody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thx for that.

Yes, I have tried many sites and I can't get these jpgs to come up using the Firefox, but that ALL will come up when I use the browser window in AOL. I assume that's some version of IE? Anyone know how I can tell what I'm seeing thru there. Nothing is being block and the virus program let's everything display.

I have two PCs. On both I use the AVG virus protection which is a very simple application. I don't see any controls on it that would block anything. Firefox always worked before with this virus protection and I have not changed any settings in virus programs on either PC.

I'd like to continue to use FF, sure. Just would like it to work in my PC the way it used to.

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Check out this test.

It may help.

ucwoody

ucwoody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Kudos for Keithy. You rock. It was the second check on that list that was the problem. Not sure how it got check, but it's working now that I've unchecked to allow stuff not from the website. Cool. All set I think. Thx. Woody