Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Office 2000 Update

• Please log in to reply

Streuth!

Streuth!

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,

I have been experiencing some difficulty while trying to reinstall Microsoft Office and was wondering if somebody has had to deal with this before or can offer some pointers. While reinstalling Microsoft Office 2000 Premium, there seem to be some problems with the msiexec.exe file, which causes installation to terminate prematurely. The error file referes to oleaut32.dll as a cause. The OS is Windows XP.

Would appreciate any assistance. Look forward to hearing from someone somewhere ...

Regards,
JSK

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Remove Office

Download and run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;290301

Use it to remove Office Installation files only

Run Microsoft Update

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Clean the Office Discs carefully

Install Office, select custom / complete install, run all from my computer if you have the room

Streuth!

Streuth!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi Keith,

Thank you for the message. I followed the steps that you had mentioned, but the problem persists. I will try and contact the vendor as soon as I can find my old receipt and / or microsoft sales.

Thank you once again for your prompt response.

Regards,
JSK