Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INFOTO~1.EXE

• Please log in to reply

wyldepint

wyldepint

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've noticed that I have had a lot of problem's with my internet explorer and have recently switched to Firefox. I made sure that IE was not in the startup programs list before removing access to it via "Set program access and defaults".
However, when I fire up the P.C task manager is still convinced that there are two instances of IEXPLORE.EXE running, even when it is most certainly not. I'm sure I have malware, but before I go wasting your time and mine I'd like to know whether this sounds like malware to you.
I have tried ending these sort of 'ghost' tasks in task manager, but they just keep on returning two seconds later, after flashing up with INFOTO~1.EXE and occasionally a randomly named exe file.
I have ran several different reliable anti-virus, anti-spyware/adware scans, and deleted all files in the "temporary internet files" folder. It's beginning to drive me mad, as even though I am extremely happy with Mozilla; and my computer doesn't seem to have any obvious difficulties - except the initial IE problems - the blasted thing keeps on coming up in teh task manager!!! Oh and of course, for some mysterious reason :) I don't even have the standard windows paint program to allow me to show you screenshots of the problem! I have however managed to wack down a few of the "randomly named" exe files and here they are:
vemobekxc.exe
shbojknd.exe
pvelmtx.exe
they flash up for about two seconds, so it is difficult to tell whether these are precise :)
Well, thanks for your time, and I'd appreciate a reply a.s.a.p

Rob

:tazz:

Edited by wyldepint, 23 August 2005 - 12:30 AM.

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.