Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant Copy Any Files To CD

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nvidiadude- http://www.geekstogo...topic=57714&hl= <--- are you still having problems with this?...they may be related

wannabe1- i seem to recall you helping someone else (i could be wrong...could be someone else) with a cd burner problem involving removing or clearing the upper and lower filters....does that ring a bell?

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
NvidiaDude...

I would try the other options first...particularly the removing the drive from Device Manager and restart option.

Software, whether Firmware or Drivers, not made specifically for your drive can be a very "iffy" proposition and would have to be installed at your own risk.

Another option would be to wait and see what some of the other members and staff might post here...someone may have experienced these problems with this drive and have exactly the answers you need!

wannabe1

dsenette...Must have been someone else...I've had to do that on machines I've worked on, but don't recall having done so here at G2G...It's may be a good idea, though.

Edited by wannabe1, 23 August 2005 - 10:44 AM.

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
i only got that problem once dsenette and i have had this pc 2 years....

NvidiaDude

NvidiaDude

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
ya its working now i set it to 16x :tazz: but now it works :) Thats the main thing thanks for all ya help guys